What people are saying about Dragon!
Dragon NaturallySpeaking should be a mandatory purchase for everyone that wants to increase their productivity. Responding to e-mails, writing documents, developing Excel spreadsheets … things that took hours before, now take minutes.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4
Great documentation comes in small practices
Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4
The rush towards computerized patient records is on. For medical practices, federal stimulus funds are now available to cover the cost of buying and deploying EHRs…and then some. But when physicians start using their EHRs, they’ll discover the truth: EHRs slow physicians down.
Dragon Medical Practice Edition helps clinicians – including physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, therapists, and other care providers – efficiently navigate and dictate medical decision-making and treatment plans directly into a patient’s electronic record. Designed for small practices with 24 physicians or less, Dragon Medical Practice Edition helps practices:
- Improve documentation
- Eliminate transcription costs
- Increase physician satisfaction
- Enhance efficiency
- Increase practice profitability
Dragon Medical Practice Edition can be purchased from over 200 Value Added Partners throughout North America.
- Improves the speed and accuracy of documentation
- Accelerates physician EHR adoption
- Dramatically reduces transcription costs
- Allows physicians to spend more time with patients
- Captures the patient story in the clinician’s own words
- Supports higher level of reimbursement, lower number of denials
- Improves clinician satisfaction
- Supports HIPAA guidelines to protect patient confidentiality
- More accurate than ever
In clinical settings, Dragon Medical Practice Edition 4 is over 20% more accurate than the previous version and — and over 60% more accurate than Dragon Professional 12 when used in clinical settings.
- Recognition speed
Dragon Medical Practice Edition improves recognition response time significantly.
- EHR support
Navigate and dictate inside EHR software: History of Present Illness, Review of Systems, and Assessment and Plan.
- Medical vocabularies
Covers nearly 90 specialties and subspecialties.
- Regional accent support
Accented speakers get higher “out-of-the-box” recognition with advanced adaptation techniques and accent-specific acoustic models.
- Hidden mode
Dictate anywhere in the EHR, eliminating navigation between EHR screens and the notes window.
- Dragon Medical Template Library
Includes library of macros for standard notes and “medical normals” by body system.
- Smart configuration
Automatically detects hardware resources. Its state-of-the-art technology takes advantage of advances in hardware and runs in multiple threads automatically when multi-core hardware is detected for better recognition performance
- Recognition analytics
Automatically detects poor audio input and alerts the user, offering advice to remedy the situation and improve accuracy.
Recommended System Requirements
- RAM: Minimum 4 GB
- CPU: Intel® dual core or equivalent AMD processor. Faster processors yield faster performance
- Free hard disk space: 4GB (8GB download)
- Supported Operating Systems:
Windows 7, 8.1, 10 (32- and 64-bit); Windows Server 2008 R2 & 2012 R2 & 2016
- Internet Explorer 11 or higher or the current version of Chrome or Firefox
- A sound card supporting 16-bit recording
- Built-in microphone or a Nuance-approved microphone.
See support.nuance.com/compatibility for more information
- An Internet connection to activate user license using provided login and password and access to Online Help
- Microsoft® Word 2007, 2010 (32 & 64 bit), 2013 (32 & 64 bit)
- Microsoft® Outlook® 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016
- Microsoft® Excel® 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016
- WordPerfect® x5, x6
- Apache OpenOffice Writer 3.4
- Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10, 11
- RIA IE9
- Mozilla® Firefox® 8+
- RIA FF 12+
- RIA Google Chrome 16+
- Windows Live Mail
- Mozilla® Thunderbird™ x3 and up
- Lotus Notes 8.5
- FTC in Gmail and Hotmail thanks to RIA plug-in